Exuberant Junior Designer Wanted
We are seeking an eager and enthusiastic junior designer to provide daily support to our creative team on a variety of diverse projects. This position is part-time, five days a week with a minimum of 18 hours per week. Responsibilities include project research and organization, concepting, layout, revisions, preparing jobs for press, vender coordination, job trafficking and working with the team to develop social media campaigns and content. Benefits include a collaborative open workspace (we don’t do cubbies), freshly brewed La Colombe coffee daily, an opportunity to work directly with creatives who have over three decades of combined experience in the field and a thriving neighborhood with endless lunch options. High on the benefits list is the chance to work side-by-side with an amazing group of do-gooder clients who actively change our world in positive ways—every day.
• Degree in Graphic Design
• 1-2 years experience working in a professional design agency or as a freelancer
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Knowledge of MS Word
• Exceptional organization and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously and able to accommodate and reprioritize new requests in a dynamic environment
• Willingness to research, learn and adapt to new technologies
• Must have a collaborative attitude (and a sense of humor doesn’t hurt)
• Social media marketing exposure
• Web design experience
The Philadelphia Building is dog friendly and MGD is dog crazy so if you have dog issues, this opportunity may not be a great fit. Additionally, celebrations and social outings—to support each other and our clients—are frequent. If you’re seeking a creative environment where camaraderie is essential and emphatic design is the goal, we look forward to learning more about you.
If you’re interested in this position, please take these steps:
- Fill out our JOB INTEREST FORM in full.
- Email a letter of interest, your resume, and salary requirements to MGD’s creative director, Lisa Weinberger.